Welcome to the Alson H. Smith Jr. AREC, located in Winchester, Va.
The mission of the Alson H. Smith Jr. AREC is to creatively use science and contemporary technology to solve horticultural crop production problems, develop and disseminate knowledge, train new researchers and industry leaders, and improve the quality of life of Virginia's citizens. Please visit our current research information on tree fruit and grapes.
- Virginia Tech microbe research featured in Scientific American
- Michael Schwarz named director of Virginia Seafood Agriculture Research and Extension Center
- Virginia Tech researchers: new LED display lights improve taste of milk
- Avoid spreading boxwood disease when decorating for the holidays
- Carl Griffey reappointed W.G. Wysor Professor of Agriculture
- Ancient enzyme provides insights into modern-day metabolism, Virginia Tech researchers find
- Pardoned National Thanksgiving Turkey coming to Virginia Tech
- Charles Hagedorn honored with emeritus status
- Gordon Groover honored with emeritus status
- Virginia Tech joins Chesapeake Research Consortium