Welcome to the Alson H. Smith Jr. AREC, located in Winchester, Va.
The mission of the Alson H. Smith Jr. AREC is to creatively use science and contemporary technology to solve horticultural crop production problems, develop and disseminate knowledge, train new researchers and industry leaders, and improve the quality of life of Virginia's citizens. Please visit our current research information on tree fruit and grapes.
- Virginia Tech researchers: new LED display lights improve taste of milk
- Avoid spreading boxwood disease when decorating for the holidays
- Carl Griffey reappointed W.G. Wysor Professor of Agriculture
- Ancient enzyme provides insights into modern-day metabolism, Virginia Tech researchers find
- Pardoned National Thanksgiving Turkey coming to Virginia Tech
- Charles Hagedorn honored with emeritus status
- Gordon Groover honored with emeritus status
- Virginia Tech joins Chesapeake Research Consortium
- Virginia Tech and Penn State researchers: Parasitic plants may form weapons out of genes stolen from hosts
- Tom Thompson named associate dean and director of international programs in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences