Viticulture Notes 2022
Viticulture Notes 2021
Viticulture Notes 2020
- Viticulture Notes December 2020
- Viticulture Notes May 2020
- Viticulture Notes April 2020
- Viticulture Notes January 2020
Viticulture Notes 2019
- Viticulture Notes September 2019
- Viticulture Notes June 2019 II
- Viticulture Notes June 2019
- Viticulture Notes April 2019
- Viticulture Notes February 2019
Viticulture Notes 2018
- Viticulture Notes September 2018
- Viticulture Notes July 2018
- Viticulture Notes May 2018
- Viticulture Notes April 2018
- Viticulture Notes January 2018
Viticulture Notes 2017
Viticulture Notes 2016
- Viticulture Notes September 2016
- Viticulture Notes July 2016
- Viticulture Notes May 2016
- Viticulture Notes 29 April 2016 (PDF | 494KB)
Viticulture Notes 2015
- Viticulture Notes December 2015
- Viticulture Notes September 2015 (PDF | 442KB)
- Viticulture Notes July 2015 (PDF | 387KB)
- Viticulture Notes April 2015 (PDF | 1MB)
- Viticulture Notes February 2015 (supplement) (PDF | 403KB)
Viticulture Notes 2014
- Viticulture Notes December 2014 (PDF | 410KB)
- Viticulture Notes October 2014 (PDF | 433KB)
- Viticulture Notes July 2014 (PDF | 389KB)
- Viticulture Notes May 2014 (PDF | 362KB)
- Viticulture Notes January 2014 (PDF | 529KB)
Viticulture Notes 2013
- Viticulture Notes December 2013 (PDF | 662KB)
- Viticulture Notes October 2013 (PDF | 410KB)
- Viticulture Notes May (supplement) 2013 (PDF | 161KB)
- Viticulture Notes March (Meeting Reminders) 2013 (PDF | 631KB)
Viticulture Notes 2012
- Viticulture Notes November 2012 (PDF | 2MB)
- Viticulture Notes August 2012 (PDF | 2MB)
- Viticulture Notes June 2012 (PDF | 678KB)
- Viticulture Notes May 2012 (PDF | 133KB)
- Viticulture Notes April 2012 (PDF | 123KB)
Viticulture Notes 2011
- Viticulture Notes December 2011 (PDF | 309KB)
- Viticulture Notes September October 2011 (PDF | 937KB)
- Viticulture Notes May-June 2011 (PDF | 2MB)
- Viticulture Notes March-April 2011 (PDF | 230KB)
- Viticulture Notes January-February 2011 (PDF | 155KB)
Viticulture Notes 2010
- Viticulture Notes November 2010 (PDF | 123KB)
- Viticulture Notes July-August 2010 (PDF | 202KB)
- Viticulture Notes May-June 2010 (PDF | 207KB)
- Viticulture Notes March-April 2010 (PDF | 127KB)
- Viticulture Notes January-February 2010 (PDF | 110KB)
Viticulture Notes 2009
Discipline: Grape pathology
Investigator: Mizuho Nita
Description: Seasonal updates on wine grape disease management, extension meeting announcements, and other related topics from a grape pathology lab at AHS AREC.
Virginia Grape Disease Updates
- Slides from the 2022 VVA summer meeting It was very nice to see you at the VVA. Here are my slides from yesterday. As I mentioned yesterday, I am conducting a survey to seek your feedback and input on my extension activities. Also, the second half is...
- Grape Disease Risk Summary 5/4-5/11/2022 and at bloom grape disease management considerations Risk summary As a part of a Wine Board-funded the Sentinel Vineyard project, we received NEWA weather stations that have been installed throughout the state. Here’s a snapshot from the last week, showing the number of days with the risk...
- Grape Disease Risk Summary 4/27-5/5/2022 As a part of a Wine Board-funded the Sentinel Vineyard project, we received NEWA weather stations that have been installed throughout the state. Here’s a snapshot from the last week, showing the number of days with the risk of each...
- Grape disease risks 4/20-4/27/2022 It looks like this morning did not get too cold for grapes. A quick look at the low temperature showed that some parts of northern and northcentral VA saw 33F or so, but the rest of the state was in...
- Fungicide spray guide for non-bearing grapes I posted it last year, but it looks like the links are a bit messed up, so, here you go. You can download the fungicide spray guide for non-bearing grapes (i.e., young vines, first and second year). Or from here...
- Slides from today’s meeting Thank you for attending our monthly viticulture meeting! We will host a series of meeting every third Thursday from 1 PM. I will be a quick recap of the season and seasonal reminders. We are happy to hear from you...
- Friendly reminder on Phomopsis management Our chardonnay is about 30-40% bud break as of yesterday. Just a friendly reminder that the protection against Phomopsis is better applied about 1- to 3-inch shoot length.
- Early season (Phomopsis and anthracnose) reminder It may be a bit too late for some (sorry!), but here’s a reminder for early season grape disease management. Phomopsis symptoms One of the diseases you need to consider soon after bud break is Phomopsis cane and leaf spot....
- Slides from Grape Disease Management Workshops 2022 Thanks for attending our grape disease management workshops. I am posting my presentations. The first one was used in the English version which we covered details of disease management, and the second one is used in the Spanish version where...
- Upcoming grape disease management meetings Hi all, please sign up using the link below if you are interested in any of our grape disease management meetings that will take place in the next several weeks. We need your email address to send you a link...