- Ph.D. Entomology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, 2013
- M.S. Entomology Auburn University, Auburn, AL, 2007
- B.S. Biology University of North Carolina at Asheville, Asheville, NC, 2004
- Director and Entomologist, Virginia Tech, Alson H. Smith Jr. Agricultural Research and Extension Center
- Assistant Professor, University of Missouri, Division of Plant Sciences, Columbia, MO
- Post-Doctoral Associate, USDA-ARS-Appalachian Fruit Research Station, Kearneysville, WV The Pennsylvania State University, State College, PA
- Agricultural Extension Agent, University of Arizona
My research examines the relationships between insects and plants to generate new pest detection methods, improve integrated pest management practices (IPM), and enhance our understanding of the economic impacts of invasive insects. We conduct lab and field work connected to ecological theory that is ultimately translated and transferred to growers through Extension outlets.