We extend agronomic knowledge and understanding to others by:
- Observing current practices and listening to concerns
- Improving the meaning and application of and simplifying scientific principles and research
- Guiding the implementation of improved production practices through education and demonstration so to change behavior that leads to profitable and environmentally responsible agriculture.
Extension programs include:
- Cooperation with VCE agents to improve soybean production practices via seasonal meetings, on-farm research, and field days.
- Work with select county agents to refine research, gather field-scale data, and demonstrate superior soybean production practices through Virginia On-Farm Soybean Test Plots.
- Development and publication of relevant information for soybean producers via Virginia Cooperative Extension - Publications and Educational Resources website.
- Cooperate with the Virginia Soybean Association and Virginia Grain Producers Association to plan and develop the Virginia Ag Expo, Virginia’s largest agricultural field day.
- Serve as educational advisor to the Virginia Soybean Association and Virginia Soybean Board.
|Increasing Yields and Profitability for Mid-Atlantic Double-crop Soybean|
|Validation of a Weather-based Advisory for Foliar Fungicide Application in Soybean||Hillary Mehl and David Holshouser|
|Agronomic and Economic Comparisons of Small Grain and Soybean Cropping Systems||Phillip Browning, David Holshouser, Wade Thomason and Gordon Groover|
|Vegetative Growth Response and Yield with Starter Fertilizer and Bradyrhizobia japonicum Inoculation in Double-Cropped Soybean||Kevin Dillon and David Holshouser|
|Disease Incidence, Yield, and Fungicide Effects on Double-Cropped Soybean Varieties||Kevin Dillon and David Holshouser|