JOB OPPORTUNITY: National Aquaculture Association seeks applicants for Director of Membership Recruitment and Public Outreach
Our partners at the National Aquaculture Association (NAA) would like to share an opportunity to join their team. See the position description and instructions for applying in the announcement from NAA found below.
August 5, 2022
The National Aquaculture Association (NAA) is a 501(c)(5) nonprofit aquatic farmer trade association committed to the responsible and sustainable development of aquaculture in the United States. For 31 years, the NAA has advocated for US aquaculture community at the federal level (Congress and agency) and worked to educate the public, Congress and federal agency leadership and staff on the social, ecological and economic benefits of sustainable aquaculture development. Our mission is to provide a unified national voice for aquaculture that ensures its sustainability, protects its profitability, and encourages its development in an environmentally sustainable manner.
Director of Membership Recruitment & Public Outreach
The NAA is seeking an energetic and passionate individual to focus on membership development and public communications and outreach. The new position will focus on the NAA being a strong, positive voice in representing the U.S. aquaculture throughout the United State and building NAA’s capacity to recruit and maintain membership, effectively communicate verbally and in writing its mission and activities, coordinate with likeminded organizations, respond to media or agency articles or reports, and improve member services.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated, creative, have excellent writing skills and a working knowledge of website construction and social media. Knowledge of US aquaculture is an additional asset. This is a full-time position which is also fully remote, but the candidate should be willing and able to travel periodically (2-3 times per year) and have access to a major airport.
- Recruit and retain members to the NAA
- Review existing NAA member services and develop an updated, comprehensive membership program which boosts the value of NAA membership to the US aquaculture community
- Conduct a systematic review of the existing NAA website, education and outreach materials, and NAA’s own marketing materials
- Continuously generate new content and publish via NAA’s platforms (email, website & social media)
- Help develop a strong social media presence for NAA that reaches and engages with the US aquaculture community on a regular basis, and boosts web traffic to the NAA site
- Design and implement comprehensive NAA communications and outreach strategies that include tracking website and social media analytics to continuously assess message delivery efficacy
- NAA website development and maintenance
- Identify and apply for education and outreach grants
- Staff the NAA’s Outreach and Education and Membership Development committees
- Regular and periodic reporting: membership recruitment and outreach activities
Qualifications & Experience
- University degree in Marketing, Sales, Communications, Aquaculture or Marine Policy
- Project management experience (1-2 years)
- Strong digital literacy, including basic website construction and maintenance (no coding experience required), experience with social media marketing, email marketing, and basic graphic design and photo editing skills (using Adobe suite or comparable software)
- Excellent written, oral, and visual communications skills (please provide a portfolio of samples including articles, blogs, videos, graphics, podcasts, and related work)
- Ability to conduct interviews and online surveys, summarize and analyze data, and generate reports
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently
- Customer service experience is desirable, but not required
- Basic skills in photography and videography are a plus
- Experience in marketing and sales will be viewed as an asset
- $55 to $60K, commensurate with experience
How to Apply
- Please send resume, cover letter, and work samples to the attention of Paul Zajicek, Executive Director, National Aquaculture Association, at email@example.com.
This opportunity will remain open until the position is filled.