Dr. Shabnam Jeibouei is currently working as a postdoctoral associate at the Virginia Seafood Agricultural Research and Extension Center. Her work within the Future Foods Lab and Cellular Agriculture Initiative program includes 2D/3D cell culture, gene editing, media optimization, and tissue modeling.
Ph.D., Molecular Medicine, Department of Biotechnology, School of Advanced Technologies in Medicine, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran (Feb 2014-Sep 2021).
M.Sc., Medical Parasitology, Department of Parasitology, School of Medicine, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran (Oct 2011-Feb 2014).
B.Sc., Medical Lab Sciences, School of Para Medicine, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran (Jan 2004-Jan 2006).
A.S. Medical Lab Sciences, School of Medicine, Urmia University of Medical Sciences, Urmia, Iran (Oct 2000-Jul 2002).
- 2D/3D cell culture
- Gene editing
- Media optimization
- Tissue modeling
- The author of “Lab On a Chip in a Simple Word”.
ISBN: 978-622-7595-18-5, 2021 (In Persian).
- The co-author of “Essential understanding of Cellular Signaling”.
ISBN: 978-964-8858-82-2, 2019 (In Persian).
- Translation: “Genomics to Personalized Healthcare, Ronald J Trent, fourth edition” from English to Persian. 2022. (under publishment).
- Jeibouei S, Hojat A, Mostafavi E, Aref AR, Kalbasi A, Niazi V, et.al. Radiobiological effects of wound fluid in 2D breast cancer cell lines and 3D microfluidic culture of human-derived breast cancer tumor spheroids. Scientific Reports. 2022
- Jeibouei S, Akbari ME, Kalbasi A, Aref AR, Ajoudanian M, Rezvani A, et al. Personalized medicine in breast cancer: pharmacogenomics approaches. Pharmacogenomics and personalized medicine. 2019;12:59.
- Jeibouei S, Bandehpour M, Kazemi B, Haghighi A. Designing a DNA vaccine-based Leishmania major polytope (Preliminary report). Iranian journal of parasitology. 2017.
- Hojat A, Jeibouei S, Aref AR, Kalbasi A, Moghaddam M, Mohammadi F, et al. Effects of wound fluid on breast cancer-derived spheroids in a 3D culture system: a case series study. Iranian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2022.
- Vaseghi Maghvan P, Jeibouei S, Akbari ME, et al. Personalized medicine in colorectal cancer. Gastroenterology and Hepatology from Bed to Bench. 2020.
- Keikha R, Bandehpour M, Jeibouei S, Kazemi B. Immunogenicity and Efficacy of Polytope DNA Vaccine Against Cutaneous Leishmaniosis In vivo. Health Scope. 2018.
- Niazi V, Ghafouri S, Verdi J, Jeibouei S, Karami F, Pourhadi M, et.al. Hypoxia preconditioned stem cell-derived exosomes induce ex vivo expansion of umbilical cord blood hematopoietic stem cells CD133+ by stimulation of Notch signaling pathway. Biotechnology progress.2021.
- Molavi Z, Razi S, Mirmotalebisohi SA, Adibi A, Sameni M, Karami F, Jeibouei S, et al. Identification of FDA approved drugs against SARS-CoV-2 RNA dependent RNA polymerase (RdRp) and 3-chymotrypsin-like protease (3CLpro), drug repurposing approach. Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy. 2021.