M.S. Agriculture, Food Science, May 1998, University of Kentucky
B.S. Agriculture, Animal Science, June 1981, Kansas State University
- HACCP training — English and Spanish — seafood, meat, and poultry industry
- Good Manufacturing Practices — English and Spanish — seafood industry
- Sanitation Control Procedures — seafood industry
- Enhance retail store food safety
- Develop, evaluate, and deliver educational materials and training programs to retail grocery store employees to improve food safety
- Develop a Spanish-based low-literacy/non-technical Good Manufacturing Practices training curriculum for the meat and poultry industry
- Develop culturally sensitive, appropriate literacy level, and non-technical modules of basic GMP practices for Spanish-speaking meat and poultry processing workers as well as their supervisors
- Enhance food safety knowledge and communication for the Hispanic food industry workforce
- Identify currently available and needed food safety and food processing publications and training materials that can be developed into Spanish- and English-language versions
- Development of farmers market food safety materials to assist agents with program implementation
- Develop, improve, and standardize food-safety educational materials for Extension agents to facilitate training and information delivery to farmers market vendors and patrons
- Improving and maintaining the safety and quality of seafood, meat and poultry products.
- Application of research through education, scientific and technical guidance to the food industry.
- Industry assistance with sanitation programs, HACCP plans and/or product development.
- Assist industry to develop and evaluate the effectiveness of their food safety programs including HACCP plans and sanitation programs.
- Help industry with product safety as well as compliance with regulations.
- Pescados y mariscos inocuos y nutritivos en Virginia. 2009. Virginia Cooperative Extension Publication 348-961s. Villalba, A., Serrano, E., Sarjahani, A., Schwarz, M., Jahncke, M.
- Storage and handling of commercially packaged foods. 2008. Virginia Cooperative Extension Publication. Virginia Cooperative Extension Publication 348-954. Villalba, A., Boyer, R., Bazemore, S.
- Safe and nutritious seafood in Virginia.2008. Virginia Cooperative Extension Publication 348-961. Villalba, A., Serrano, E., Sarjahani, A., Schwarz, M., Jahncke, M.